Animate folders do not show backgrounds in nested emitters

All information about Magic Particles: news, question, comments, etc.

Animate folders do not show backgrounds in nested emitters

Postby sonictk » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:42 am

Hello. I just switched to 1.72 from 1.61 and I noticed something: previously animate folders allowed preview of backgrounds in the emitters it contained, which was quite a useful tool as I could overlay several images to act as masks and preview how the actual effect would appear when covered by various objects in-game.

However, in 1.72, while I am pleased to see that animate folders can have backgrounds for the entire folder, nested emitters' backgrounds do not appear in the scene preview anymore. Is there an option somewhere to return to the previous animate folder preview behaviour or an alternative method? Currently I am bringing in my backgrounds/masks as a particle type, which is considerably slower and more annoying to resize than with normal backgrounds and using the "background image scale" scene property.

Alternatively, can animate folders have an option to have their background disabled and allow the emitters in it to show their backgrounds instead?
sonictk

Re: Animate folders do not show backgrounds in nested emitters

Postby Odin_KG » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 am

The background for animate folders was drawing from first emitter only in version 1.61. Now I made own background for animate folder. I think it is more convenient. You can use 'Drag & Drop' to place graphic file to scene.
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Animate folders do not show backgrounds in nested emitters

Postby sonictk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:25 am

Thank you for your response! However, previously I was using several emitters with backgrounds to get a sort of 'layer' system with my backgrounds to preview effects. Having only one background to work is a bit inconvenient. =\ I guess I will continue to workaround this issue for the time being.
sonictk

Return to Magic Particles