No user guide and no tutorials?

All information about Magic Particles: news, question, comments, etc.

No user guide and no tutorials?

Postby pjstaley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:55 pm

I just purchased this software (Magic Particles) only to discover that there is absolutely nothing available to educate the purchaser on how to ever begin using the software properly. So we have to learn "by guess and by golly"? Why? :x The first software of this caliber that I feel is everything I have been wanting for such a long time AND at a reasonable price, and now I have to fumble around to learn it. This is truly frustrating and annoying!!!
pjstaley

Re: No user guide and no tutorials?

Postby Odin_KG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:20 pm

The basics of Magic Particles: http://www.astralax.com/articles/videoguide
Creating Fire in a Particle Editor: http://www.astralax.com/articles/inflames
F1 - Manual

I hope will be created more video-tutorials for a new version of program.
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pjstaley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Thank you for your response. I noticed in one example that there are letters that look like they are burning. (Astralax web page, gallery 1, top row, second video). Can you please explain in detail how this is accomplished? This is EXACTLY the effect I'm trying to achieve. Or is there a tutorial on how to do this? And what if I want fire to appear behind lettering? I have Photoshop CS4 and I know how to create .gifs, png's, etc. in order to achieve any transparency necessary. Again, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
pjstaley

Postby Odin_KG » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:59 pm

Thank you for your response.

You are welcome.

Or is there a tutorial on how to do this?

File->Open Sample->jellyfish.ptc
Select the emitter 'Astralax'. You can change type of emitter 'Text' (first diagram) and enter any text.

And what if I want fire to appear behind lettering?

Magic Particles is editor of special effects. This program can't edit layers of video. You can export special effect in png or avi with alpha channel. Use Adobe After Effects to unite layers of avi and png.
You can create 'Animate folder' in Magic Particles too. It allows to play some emitters simultaneously.
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pjstaley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Or is there a tutorial on how to do this?

File->Open Sample->jellyfish.ptc
Select the emitter 'Astralax'. You can change type of emitter 'Text' (first diagram) and enter any text.

Unlike the emitter "Zero", there is no way to select the text "Astralax". Please advise if there is some other way to do this that is different than with the "Zero" emitter. Thank You.
pjstaley

Postby Odin_KG » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:19 pm

Please advise if there is some other way to do this that is different than with the "Zero" emitter.

Select type "Text" for emitter 'Astralax':
Attachments
text.jpg
text.jpg (81.28 KiB) Viewed 45995 times
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pjstaley » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm

You sure don't waste any time getting back to us. Awesome! Thanks!

Ok, so I'm a few steps into what I need to accomplish with these deterrents.
1. I have the paid version on my pc, which is being repaired as of yesterday, and I have the free version of Magic Particles on my laptop. I accomplished what I needed (with your help, thank you very much) with the free version on my laptop, but it seems I'm not able to save it or export it. Can I install the paid version on my laptop as well as my pc?
2. My goal is the creation of a banner for an online game I play which will be posted to a web page. Can it be posted on a web page or is it for videos only? (Sorry I'm such a noob). :oops:
3. Is there a way that I can have the flames on the lettering without the smoke? Or at least is there a way to cut the smoke emitters to a minimum?
pjstaley

Postby Odin_KG » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:18 am

You sure don't waste any time getting back to us. Awesome! Thanks!

You are welcome!

Can I install the paid version on my laptop as well as my pc?

Yes.

Can it be posted on a web page or is it for videos only?

Web page works with JPG and GIF only (if you do not use flash). JPG can't contain of the animation. Magic Particles can't export in GIF. But you can use any 'GIF animator' in order to translate png or avi in animate gif.

Is there a way that I can have the flames on the lettering without the smoke? Or at least is there a way to cut the smoke emitters to a minimum?

Open emitter 'Astralax' and delete first and second 'Particle Type'.
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Magic Particles