Magic Particles License Questions

All information about Magic Particles: news, question, comments, etc.

Magic Particles License Questions

Postby sonictk » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:48 am

Hi.

My company (as I'm sure Odin_KG knows :P ) has been making use of Magic Particles (Dev) extensively, but it's gotten to the point where our game is nearing release, and as such the producer intends to purchase a commercial license for Magic Particles. However, we are unsure of the terms and conditions surrounding such a purchase, and there doesn't seem to be a such a resource on the site.

The main question we have is whether when we purchase a license now, will it be for that version of Magic Particles only (e.g. will future major updates past 1.71 will require a second purchase or additional fees) or is it a perpetual license? Additionally, the "Unlimited" license says it has "Free technical support and update for 3 years." while the other licenses merely state "Free technical support and update." Does this mean that the cheaper licenses have unlimited tech support and update or is it limited to 3 years (or less) as well?

It would be nice if there was a full list of terms and conditions available for us to look through before committing to a purchase.

BTW, thank you very much so far for the assistance! :)
sonictk

Re: Magic Particles License Questions

Postby Odin_KG » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi,

Does this mean that the cheaper licenses have unlimited tech support and update or is it limited to 3 years (or less) as well?

The commercial license for 1 project only. You can update API for this project no limited, but usually it does not need after release of project.

The unlimited license for any number of the projects. You can update API for 3 years. If you interested in unlimited license, I can send you the agreement.

It would be nice if there was a full list of terms and conditions available for us to look through before committing to a purchase.

OK. I will write to you private message.

BTW, thank you very much so far for the assistance

You are welcome :D
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Postby sonictk » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:36 am

Thanks for the information! :D
sonictk

Postby Odin_KG » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm

You are welcome :-)