[HGE] Animate folder emitters not rendering (RESOLVED)

All information about Magic Particles: news, question, comments, etc.

[HGE] Animate folder emitters not rendering (RESOLVED)

Postby sonictk » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:04 am

Again, it's me. -_-" I have another problem again with Magic Particles.

For creating grass effects, I am thinking of using multiple point emitters to create the impression of swaying grass, as other emitters cannot allow me to fix particles in their positions and have rotation back and forth over their lifespan. However, when rendered in the engine and the wrapper (both new and old versions) as well, only certain emitters seem to be rendering, as shown in the screenshots below.

This is what I see in the editor:

This is what is rendered in both the wrapper and our engine:

I have attached the relevant ptc grass effect that I am using for reference. Again, if anyone can provide any assistance or advice as to how to solve this issue, I would appreciate it very much. Or if anyone can suggest a more efficient way to go about making the grass effects, that would be great. :D

As before, I am working with Magic Particles 1.61 (Dev) and working on a project based off the HGE engine.

EDIT: Sorry, I just resolved this. Found out that apparently having emitters with the same name causes them not to render. :oops: Oh well.
Attachments
grassProblem.zip
grass problem ptc
(18 KiB) Downloaded 2388 times
sonictk

Re: [HGE] Animate folder emitters not rendering (RESOLVED)

Postby Odin_KG » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 am

Or if anyone can suggest a more efficient way to go about making the grass effects, that would be great.

It is possible you can use big textures. For example, see this picture:
Snow was made with help of the big textures with considerable quantity of snowflakes on textures.

Sorry, I just resolved this. Found out that apparently having emitters with the same name causes them not to render.

OK :-)
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Magic Particles