Wrapper for DarkGDK

All information about Magic Particles: news, question, comments, etc.

Re: Wrapper for DarkGDK

Postby trinitrone100 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:04 pm

Magic Particles 1.7 will be 2D, but i hope the next version will be 3D ;)
trinitrone100
Administrator
Administrator

Postby bjadams » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:47 am

WOW that's some really great news. looking forward to the next 2d version with proper dgdk rendering so i can start testing/using in some projects. the 3d tool will be the ultimate, but i would altready have some good uses for a 2d system right now. thanks
bjadams

Postby Mista Wilson » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Hello All, Im from the The Game Creators DarkGDK forums. I thought I would drop in here first to say Great Job, I really like your magic particles prouct. The particles themselves are pretty darn cool..

Also, I know you guys are doing an update, so I didnt put too much time in, but I have altered the Magic Particles DarGDK Wrapper slightly(only the RenderParticles() function and 2 global LPDIRECT3DSURFACE9 creations).

It now renders to a DarkGDK image, which can be pasted to the screen or textured to a 3D object and used in 3D.
The changes are basic, and if there is more than one effect it would need manually altering, but it works.

Here is the forum link to the TGC DarkGDK forums page where I have posted the files :

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=157049&b=22&p=0

I hope someone finds this useful, at least until the new version is released. And all you guys at Astralax who are responsible for this, again, You guys are doing an excellent job, I am very impressed with the product and will more than likely purchase it when the need arises, it seems the best solution I have seen so far anyway. :)
Mista Wilson

Postby Odin_KG » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:17 pm

Thanks for your response about our program!
Undoubtedly your changes of the wrapper are useful.

I hope soon to release the new version of Magic Particles.
Odin_KG
Administrator
Administrator

Previous

Return to Magic Particles